This article hits all the buttons that I’ve come across time and time again:
- Our ED gets so defensive when I ask her for something;
- Our ED won’t let us exercise proper fiscal oversight;
- Our ED chooses not to share information we as a board need to make decisions, we are left feeling vulnerable;
- Our ED seems to have something to hide;
- Our ED thinks he knows better than the board or who are prone to controlling tendencies
- We’re not very good at providing our ED with formal feedback, consequently problems arise when the board believes she should be doing something else.